Pillar 4 Serenity & Mindfulness
Serenity & Mindfulness
Serenity is the oasis in the middle of the “busy-ness”. It is the place where we can re-charge before heading back into the rush. Serenity is not something you should dream of having; it is very accessible.
Stressful events come so often that they lead us having reactions occurring out of our awareness until we notice them because of physical, emotional or psychological dysfunctions. Reactions may include tension, painful emotional states, panic and depression, habits of thinking, or toxic self-criticism.
Stop the glorification of being “busy”. It’s time to DO LESS, and BE MORE.
Did you know?
- 75% of doctor visits in the United States are related to stress (PubMed Central, 2008)
- 74% of people felt so stressed they were overwhelmed or unable to cope. (American Institute of Stress, 2020)
- Individuals under constant stress have a 50% higher mortality rate. (Oregon State University, 2011)
- Every week, more is spent on takeaway coffee than development assistance for mental health in low- and middle-income countries. (Global Wellness Institute, 2020)
- One billion people suffer from anxiety, and one in four people experience mental disorders. (World Health Organization, 2001)
- Untreated depression costs over $51 billion in work absenteeism and loss of productivity and $26 billion in direct treatments. (Global Wellness Institute, 2020)
- 5 million workdays in Europe are lost yearly due to stress complaints. (European Agency for Safety and Health at Work, 2009)
- 25% of people are affected by MNS (Mental, Neurological, and Substance Use) disorders over their lifetime and 10% at any given time. It is the leading cause of disability worldwide and leads to premature death and low productivity across many workplaces. (Global Wellness Institute, 2020)
Learn how Serenity & Mindfulness can improve your life with our blog articles
Meditation is NOT the only path towards Serenity. According to the Global Wellness Institute (2020), consider four key dimensions if you want to significantly improve your mental wellness. Learn more…
Try out these two exercises to start your mindful journey. Learn more …
Wellness Blogs & Mental Health- Serenity & Mindfulness
Check out all of our serenity & mindfulness blogs