World Wellness Weekend 20-21-22 Sept 2024 #WorldWellnessWeekend #WellnessForAll
Stressful events occur so often that they lead us to have reactions occurring outside of our awareness until we notice them because of physical, emotional or psychological dysfunctions. Responses may include tension, painful emotional states, panic and depression, habits of negative thinking, or toxic self-criticism.
Stop glorifying of being “busy”. It’s time to DO LESS and BE MORE.
Did you know?
- 75% of doctor visits in the United States are related to stress (PubMed Central, 2008).
- 74% of people feel so stressed they are overwhelmed or unable to cope. (American Institute of Stress, 2020).
- Individuals under constant stress have a 50% higher mortality rate. (Oregon State University, 2011).
- More is spent on takeout coffee than development assistance for mental health in low- and middle-income countries every week. (Global Wellness Institute, 2020).
- One billion people suffer from anxiety, and one in four people experience mental disorders. (World Health Organization, 2001).
Depression in the Workplace
- Untreated depression costs over $51 billion in work absenteeism and loss of productivity. $26 billion in direct treatments. (Global Wellness Institute, 2020)
- Five million workdays in Europe are lost yearly due to stress complaints. (European Agency for Safety and Health at Work, 2009).
- 25% of people are affected by MNS (Mental, Neurological, and Substance Use) disorders over their lifetime. It is the leading cause of disability worldwide and leads to premature death and low productivity across many workplaces. (Global Wellness Institute, 2020).
Learn how Mindfulness & Serenity can improve your life with our blog
Watch videos about Mindfulness & Serenity
A breathing tool to elicit relaxation – by Dr Lorne Brown – Canada – 5 minutes
The importance of Serenity and mindfulness – by Dr. Lorne Brown – Canada – 2 minutes
Getting Present Moment – by Dr Lorne Brown – Canada – 3 minutes
Mental Emotional Stressor & Awakening your Inner Healer – by Dr Lorne Brown – Canada – 7 minutes
Notice, Accept, Choose – by Dr Lorne Brown – Canada – 6 minutes
The Highest Form of Leadership – with Jean-Pierre de Villiers – England – 2 minutes
Meditation – by Sahaja Yoga – Brazil – 5 minutes
The 5 Pillars of Wellness – with Jean-Pierre de Villiers – England – 4 minutes
Ayurvedic Anti Oxidant Elixir Tutorial – by AMPSA – Malaysia – 4 minutes
Introduction to Sound Healing – by AMSPA – Malaysia – 5 minutes
Introduction to Ayurveda – by AMSPA – Malaysia – 5 minutes
Handpan Relaxation – L’Ayasa – by Gerard Spencer & Jessica Lefebvre – Belgium – 4 minutes
Strategies for a Positive Mindset – by AMSPA – Malaysia – 7 minutes
Musical Relaxation with 7 Colors – by Tip Touch International – 7 minutes
KEEPING YOURSELF CALM TO ACHIEVE REAL MENTAL WELLNESS, ALSO CALLED SAMADHI – Dr. Rekha Chaudhari
SUNRISE HAND PAN MEDITATION WITH DAN BYRNE – PENINSULA HOT SPRINGS
MANTRA AND MEDITATION WITH NATARAJ CHAITANYA – PENINSULA HOT SPRINGS
SUNSET SUFI EXPERIENCE” SESSION AT THE MAJESTIC TAJ FALAKNUMA PALACE, HYDERABAD – Taj Hotels
SPIRITUAL AWAKENING WITH SOUND HEALING – TAJ RISHIKESH RESORT & SPA
MOTIVATE : MEDITATION FOR GROUNDING – WTS International and LifeStart OnDemand
REDUCING ANXIETY (PSYCHOSOMATICS) – Evgenia Kadrul
PRANIC HEALING & MEDITATION – Jorge Esteban Caicedo
Articles about Mindfulness & Serenity
Due to the pandemic, people have been limited for the past two years in their contacts and moments of celebrations, thus deprived of airiness, so now they are looking for simple, pleasurable, and playful experiences …
The Royal Spanish Academy (RAE) defines serenity as a serene quality. “It is the courage to remain calm in the midst of difficulty.” If we relate serenity as a factor that positively impacts mental and …
You may focus on a still object or bring your attention on your breath. Conscious breathing is often used as an anchor in the present moment. You may go further by widening the focus to …